The Material Processing Module (MATP) is designed to allow order desk personnel to define the type of processing desired while entering a quote or order. It handles all type of inventory (bar, plate, sheet, coil, etc.) and processing (cutting, burning, slitting, packaging, etc.).
The software records dimensions and tolerances, calculates the quantity required in the stocking unit- of -measure (pounds, hundred weight, inches, feet, etc.) and calculates the suggested selling price. MATP takes into consideration waste, scrap, kerf, etc. when calculating quantity required. The conversion from one unit-of-measure to another is accomplished automatically through user-defined controls. An optional work order can be created to perform the processing. MATP accommodates multi-step processing. For repeat stock items, a template or bill of material option is available which greatly reduces keystrokes. Customer repeat items can be setup to default all the information required to produce and ship the customer part.
The system can also capture machine setups and special notes that may be required for processing, marking, packaging, shipping, or loading. Cost can be tracked in the detail desired by the user. Labor can be ignored, estimates can be used, or actual labor costs can be entered. Unusable material can be costed into the job or placed in inventory at a new value. Sales analysis can reflect material sell price and cost, as well as processing sell price and cost (if desired).
- Entry of process job information within the order or quote entry cycle
- Calculates sell price and margin percent for both orders and quotes based on material and processing costs, and sell price tables
- Automatic release of work orders, manual release, or the ability to override the auto release flag
- Commitment against a raw material at sales order entry time
- Combining of work orders for more efficient runs of like materials
- Appending of extensive packaging, production, and technical information to appear on work orders and/or other forms
- Customer product specs and part numbers handled
The production scan is an interactive scrolling screen that allows the users to see the status open sales orders and create jobs to satisfy them. The orders to be displayed can be selected by due-date range, gauge range, width range, type of product, steel type, customer, and percentage completed. The status of the orders includes the amount still open, the amount that is it setup on a job, when is that job scheduled to be ran, and various other customer specifications. This scan screen allows the user to drill into the details of an existing job, edit a job, create additional jobs, review the sales order, view inventory, etc. The lines displayed are color coded to allow the user to easily see the status of the record.